..

Never Before Offered for Sale!      Family Heirs Priced to Sell: $889,000

Historic Lake Weir 9 1/2 Acres

Two Residences   *   342 +/- ft. Lake Frontage   *   Includes Historic Ma Barker Hideout

 

Ma Barker Gang Hideout Property Summary

  • Location: Located on the northern shore of Lake Weir, in Marion County, just 8 miles to the northeast of The Villages, 25 minutes Southeast of Ocala and 1 hour northwest of Orlando.
  • Property Size: 9.50 (+/-) acres of lakefront residential acreage with approximately 342 (+/-) feet of beach frontage on the north shore of historic and pristine Lake Weir. The property sets on both sides of Ocala Road with 4.58 acres to the south which includes the site of the historic Bradford House and approximately 1.22 acres of sandy beach. The included property section north of Ocala Road totals 4.87 acres of un-improved, developable residential acreage.
  • Setting: Historic oaks frame a pure white sandy beachfront which has been a preferred vacation and recreational setting for more than 100 years. Spring-fed, Lake Weir is comprised of 15 square miles (9,600 acres) of crystal clear water and a sandy bottom allowing for all water related sports, year round.

  • Residence # 1 – The Historic Bradford House (Site of the FBI/Barker Gang shoot-out): A two story frame house built in 1930 with four bedrooms and two baths, totaling 2,016 sq. ft. Patched bullet holes are easily visible throughout the house.
  • Residence #2: An 1,869 sq. ft. single story residence built in 1974, with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and a 2 car garage.
  • Future Development: As per Marion County Land Planning, approximately 68% (5.57 (+/-) acres) of the developable property is presently zoned R-3 (high density) allowing for multi-family density of 3 units per acre after adherence to County Environmental Overlay codes. The remaining 32% of developable property (approximately 2.62 (+/-) acres) is zoned R-1 (medium density) allowing for 4 single family units per acre.
  • Price: $889,000
  • Property Viewing: Property viewing will be strictly enforced by appointment only. Do not approach the property without authorization!
  • Contact: Global Property Experts for additional information regarding this unique property offering:

Mark Arnold, at 800-638-5613 x-103 or marnold@stirlingsir.com

Roger Soderstrom Jr. at 800-638-5613 x-104 or rsj@stirlingsir.com


survey

Survey


 


fishing


The house sits on the north shore of spring-fed Lake Weir, the fifth largest state in Florida. At four miles across and 8 miles wide, Lake Weir is a perfect site for sailing, jet-skiing, kaying, canoeing, and scuba diving, as well as sea planes. Bass, Speckled Perch, Catfish, Freshwater Jack (pike), Brim, and Shell Cracker fish can be caught during certain times of the year. The Ocala National Forest is just northeast of Lake Weir, and the Ocklawaha Prairie Restoration Area, which offers trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding, is just a few miles from the house.

boating



Location Map

Location Map


Area Map

Area Map